- Make sure to inspect your bearings and races and repack or replace as necessary.
- Check your brakes, including shoes and magnets for electric brakes, shoes and wheel cylinders for hydraulic brakes, and brake pads and calipers for disc brakes.
- Test your break away system to insure it is fully functional.
- Do a thorough inspection of your tires including your spare tire. Check for wear patterns, dry rot, and verify your tire pressure is correct especially when traveling long distances.
- Make sure all your lights are working, it is best to have a helper so you can test all light functions.
- Check your springs and suspension system for any visible cracks or wear.
It never hurts to have backups of the most common break down items. Keep extra bearings, races and seals, and grease. We offer some of our hubs in pre-packed kits that come greased and ready to go. You will always want to have a spare tire on hand as well.
We hope that these tips will help you in your travels. If you have any questions or there is something we haven’t addressed, please let us know, we welcome your input. Have a safe trip!